OT: Electonic Gurus Please!

  • Jerry C. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1 2:10 PM
      Guys have you had any experience with a combination VCR/DVD player that
      is supposed to filter profanity? Shawn put me onto this but he has not
      owned one so I am making an attempt to find someone who may have used
      one. He is my friend and I am not questioning the veracity of what he
      has told me.

      Does the unit filter the profanity without the DVD's disc having to be
      coded in some way? Does the profanity filter have to be a part of my
      cable service? I am not speaking of the child protection button. I am
      speaking of a combination DVD/VCR unit that does the filtering itself.
      Is anyone familiar with this unit? If so, does it really work?

      I think it is relatively old technology but I am asking if it really
      works and works by virtue of having the stand-alone unit? This is all
      new to me. It is beyond me how the unit could anticipate the curse
      words. I hope someone owns one or has installed one and can tell me if
      it really works. I don't want to spend money without knowing more. I
      will deeply appreciate any feedback and I hope I have not offended
      Shawn : ) God Bless.. Jerry..