Newbie Excitement!!

  • phead65
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      Sorry for the newbie enthusiasim!! I just cleaned the best coin I
      have zapped so far in my new exploration of this hobby. I haven't
      purchased the requiste books yet, and have a question about the
      coin. It is most likely a brass coin, when the encrustation popped
      off I thought I had gold for about 1/2 a second! Very bright yellow
      metal. it has a Laurate head facing right, the obverse incsription
      is IMP CAESAR VEAPASIANVS. The inscription runs counterclockwise.
      The back side is nearly smooth, but it appears to be a seated
      figure, with a staff, facing right. Again the inscription is
      counterclockwise. It starts PONT then TRPO is all I can make out.
      The coin is about 2.5 cm across. the obverse is quite stunning in
      it's detail, while the obverse is quite smooth. Vespasian looks a
      little like my 6 grade gym teacher!! Thanks for your help and
      patience. I just need to express my excitement, as my wife just
      doesn't quite get my new hobby. God Bless
      Kevin
    • Jerry Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Kevin u r what we are about! I think it is very
        exciting to see a newbie so excited.. thanks for
        sharing and God Bless.. Jerry..

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • bobbrins@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
          Ya never forget your first.

          > Sorry for the newbie enthusiasim!! I just cleaned the best coin I
          > have zapped so far in my new exploration of this hobby. I haven't
          > purchased the requiste books yet, and have a question about the
          > coin. It is most likely a brass coin, when the encrustation popped
          > off I thought I had gold for about 1/2 a second! Very bright yellow
          > metal. it has a Laurate head facing right, the obverse incsription
          > is IMP CAESAR VEAPASIANVS. The inscription runs counterclockwise.
          > The back side is nearly smooth, but it appears to be a seated
          > figure, with a staff, facing right. Again the inscription is
          > counterclockwise. It starts PONT then TRPO is all I can make out.
          > The coin is about 2.5 cm across. the obverse is quite stunning in
          > it's detail, while the obverse is quite smooth. Vespasian looks a
          > little like my 6 grade gym teacher!! Thanks for your help and
          > patience. I just need to express my excitement, as my wife just
        • romancoinsnet
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
            Great! Congrats. My first good one was an Agrippa that was about
            the same size. I love this job!

            Luke
          • Jerry Jones
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
              Forgive me for butting in but I to recall the first
              time I saw an image begin to emerge frome beneath the
              encrustation.. how exciting.. God Bless.. Jerry..
              --- romancoinsnet <luke@...> wrote:
              > Great! Congrats. My first good one was an Agrippa
              > that was about
              > the same size. I love this job!
              >
              > Luke

              http://sbc.yahoo.com