Re: Recession And Ancient Coin Prices?

  • beayecoins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      --- In CoinZappers@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry C. Jones" <jceaus@...> wrote:

      > Please share your opinions with me. As we enter into this recession
      > what will happen to ancient coin prices? Will coins be hoarded? Will
      > prices go up or down? I think precious metals will certainly be
      > affected but what about our common garden-variety bronze coins?
      >
      > Will the fall of the dollar continue to effect prices? Do you agree
      > that we are in a recession or that a recession is eminent? I would
      > really like your feedback.. God Bless.. Jerry..

      Hi There,
      Well from what I can tell the USA will be very lucky indeed to avoid
      recession in the next year. The dollar should not fall in value much
      more than it has done already, but your money is far safer in ancient
      coins than it is in property at the moment. As far as the UK goes we
      might scrape through without recession, but it depends on how much
      more "Credit Crunch" is left to happen. Over all the price of coins
      should not change a great deal, but this is just speculation. Beaye
    • Jerry Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
        Hey my friend! Beaye, I really appreciate the
        information. I have seen ancient coins move up in
        price during the past two years. I think that is
        probably the weakening of the dollar and we do not
        have as much purchasing power we we bid against the
        euro.. Thanks for being so kind Beaye.. God Bless..
        Jerry..

        http://www.ancientcoinstore.com