Re: [CoinZappers] Stop Electrolytic Reaction

  • Bob Schwarer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        I just dunk then in water.

      Bob S.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:59 PM
      Subject: [CoinZappers] Stop Electrolytic Reaction

      How do you stop your coin from getting hot after you take it out of the
      electrolyte? I have tried soaking it in DW for a few minutes, but as
      soon as I dry it off, it starts to warm up and get hot.

      Would a soak in oil stop the electrolytic process? If so, what type of
      oil.

      Is there another liquid I should use to stop the reaction?

      I have a feeling this may also tend to reduce the darkening of the coin
      after cleaning.

      Thanks,
      Greg