To Boldly Go....

  • John Zemler
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello All,

      I've gone and made the leap!

      I ordered a coin zapper yesterday from Kim and also the Pyramid PS-
      26KX Regulated Adjustable Voltage 25Amp Power Supply from
      etroncis.com. For me it is an investment for my own peace of mind
      (I'd rather work with coins than watch TV anyday) and the hopeful
      growing of my coin business.

      The power supply looks heavy, the listing did not include dimensions
      or weight. Since I am linmited to carrying only about 10 pounds
      this looks like it may be a difficulty. But God does provide: My
      wife will help me with the lifting and carrying and will set up the
      connections. That removes a major hurdle for me.

      I'v been accumulating some coins in a DW container that I have
      labled "For Electrolysis." Soon they will come out and feel the
      sunshine.

      If the postal system is tip-top I shall be zapping on the weekend.

      Hooray & Semper Pax, John Z.
    • Jerry Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        Wonderful news to know we are going to have you
        zapping with us John! The unit is a bit heavy and may
        weigh close to ten ponds.. the footprint is as
        follows: 9 X 10 inches.. I consider it to be the
        Caddillac of power supplies.. I picked it up and it is
        a bit heavy so please follow docs orders! I would
        like to see all our members own one.. Mine is great
        and Chuck thinks it is the best thing since sliced
        bread! : ) John, just a though, but what about a short
        concise "diary" from the time you recieve the units
        and the upsides and downsides to seeing a coin
        actually zapped. Just a thought. I don't know how
        many coins Kim is suggesting one can zap with her unit
        but I zap close to 20 with mine. I have three large
        units. John, be sure and use sodium carbonate if you
        can find and if not, baking soda is fine. You can
        find the sc in WalMart in the washing powder section
        and should be an Arm and Hammer product and may be
        know as washing soda. Look at the ingredients and
        make sure it is 100% SC. Whether using baking soda or
        SC use the following formual for creating your
        solution. Mix one and 1/2 teaspoonfuls of sc or bs to
        one quart of DW (distilled Water.) Turn your voltage
        up on your PS (power source) to about 12 volts at
        first and allow to "cook".. At first your amps will be
        low but as the encrustation will increase the amps as
        it falls into the solution. You want to stay around 6
        amps as the aps rise. You can "tune" the amps back
        down with the voltage tuner as the amps increase.. ask
        all the questions you want my friend! God Bless..
        Jerry.. PS: Great to have you aboard as a Family
        member zapper!

        http://www.ancientcoinstore.com
      • p4grly@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005

          Hello John and Jerry - I too ordered a zapper from Kim and have a Pyramid on the way and am very excited to give it a go after experimenting with many other homemade devices I feel like this is a graduation present to myself and look forward to seeing the results.  Best of luck John and let me know how it goes for you and maybe we can swap some ideas/tips.

          All the best,  Jacqueline