Re: Copper vs. Bronze

  • squirehawk2
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Kim,
      I think the key to your problem is most of us don't Zap all day.
      I think what is happening is your electrolyte solution is becoming
      more conductive. As the metals/crud break down and go into solution
      the conductivity of the water increases. Which means more current is
      getting through and is generating the heat at the clips and coin. Try
      changing your solution a few times while you are doing those
      marathon's in zapping. The graphite rods getting smaller I don't think
      would be the problem.

      --- In CoinZappers@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Jones <jceaus@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks Kim! That is hot.. we need to get to the bottom
      > of the problem..

      > > It actually caused a blister to form on the tips of
      > > my fingers, where I
      > > picked up the copper of the clips. It was so hot,
      > > that I dropped the
      > > whole clip with coin still on it. I had to pick up
      > > the rest of the
      > > clips with tweezers and put them under cold water.
      > > Even the water is
      > > steaming.
      > >
      > > Kim

    • Jerry Jones
      Message 32 of 32 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Greg! This is very intersting.. I may give it a
        try.. thanks and God Bless.. Jerry..

        http://www.ancientcoinstore.com