Thanks! from ACE - correction and additions

  • Mark Lehman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004

      Friends and Listmembers,

      Sorry for the cross-posting, but I wanted to take a moment to publically thank Steve Jurkovic of WCNC for his recent donation of cleaned Roman AE's to ACE.

      CORRECTION - Steve is not "of" WCNC but a private person who purchased coins from WCNC in order to donate them - Theresa at WCNC thought it was such a good idea that she increased the size of his donation by 40% on her own initiative - so thanks for this donation go to both Steve AND to Theresa at WCNC!

      AND, in the meantime, we have received another donation of cleaned Roman coins from Glenn Simonelli - so all the following applies to you as well, Glenn.

      As I have said in previous posts, the cleaned, common AE's ACE sends out to schools as examples of what the students' diligence in preparing uncleaned coins for attribution might yield - and to local-level contest winners as prizes - have been in unusually short supply this year.

      As we approach the 2004-2005 academic season (actually, some of our schools have already started classes) this is a need most acutely felt.  So Steve's (and Theresa's and Glenn's) contribution(s) were most timely, as well as generous and forsighted gestures.  They are helping to ensure that a new generation of Collectors and Classicists will follow in our footsteps.

      But we still have need of similar cleaned material for this academic season.  If any of you have a few "extras" with which you can part we would be truly grateful for the donation. And they need not be "treasures", the odd FEL TEMP, GLORIA EX, OR SECVRITAS REIP, as long as it retains enough Obverse inscription to be incontrovertably attributable to emperor and enough mint mark to place it at a particular mint-city is all that is required for the purpose.
      If anyone has material of this kind they would like to donate, please reply to me at lehmansterms1@... .

      Thanks again, Steve (Theresa, and Glenn), your generous contributions will enable ACE to complete packages waiting to be sent out to several of our schools.

      Remember, ACE is a fully registered non-profit organization and any donations you make are fully tax deductible.

      With our sincere thanks,

      Mark Lehman
      on behalf of the Board of Directors of ACE