Need Help on Mystery Coin (Silver & Bronze)

  • yaacovs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hi there,

      I am new to this list and coin collecting. Recently I purchased a
      batch of coins and have used some interesting methods to clean.

      I have this multi metal cleaner cream which works great in getting
      all the hard junk off, at times it also takes off the Platina. I can
      ship some to anyone who wants, as long as you pay for shipping &
      handling and cost of item ~$5.

      Here is my question:

      The following coin, I first zapped with Electrolysis (Salt Water and
      6v battery pack), and then I worked hard cleaning the coin with this
      special cream. I got off most of the black and hard green stuff and
      then I was surprised to find a mixture of Silver and Bronze (copper)
      below the surface. Are there any ancients that are made of both
      materials or is this maybe a forgery?

      I am including pictures of both sides. This is the head, I was able
      to see an actual head when looking on a slant.

      http://www.yeshashops.com/coins/head.jpg

      Here is the tails, there are some letters in black that seem to make
      out something.

      http://www.yeshashops.com/coins/tail.jpg

      Any help is appreciated and if you want that "magic" cream to get the
      junk off, let me know.

      Thank You,

      Yaacov Silverstein

      http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=yaacovs

      I am selling some nice pendants with Biblical coins, have a look =)