Attribution request

  • redhenry
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2013
      Friends, this is a request for help. I recently came across two
      examples of this 19mm Greek bronze, and I can't find it so far in Sear
      or on the Wildwinds site. On the obverse (at least, the convex side) it
      depicts a cow or bull, and on the concave side, a prancing horse. I
      suspect that it is from Sicily or southern Italy, but don't know. Here
      are pics:

      www.murphymethod.com/itemforattribution.html

      Beneath the horse, there seem to be faint Greek letters TOY. The other
      example of the coin shows obverse lettering beneath the bull, but it is
      much rougher and I can not make it out.

      Experts, what's the coin?

      Red Henry
    • Carl Zipfel
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2013
        See CoinProject.com

        http://www.coinproject.com/coin_detail.php?coin=207841

        Carl

        Carl Zipfel MS csp
        EHS Management Systems LLC

        120 Oxford Rd
        Lansdale, PA 19446
        267-421-7392
        czipfel@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2013
          Many thanks to all the friends who identified that coin for me: Arpi, Apulia, Bull with head looking back / Galloping horse.

          Best to all

          Red Henry