Need Help With ID

  • Jcea
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
      I have this coin AE14 ID'ed as a Ptolemy VI. Anyone agree? I had another Ptolemy very much like this one. I remember one of our members spoke of the "fishhook" or words to that effect. I will appreciate any help.. God Bless.. Jerry..PS: I would think the config is the result of a "cold pour".. what do you think?
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/36568398@N00/6616414893/in/photostream
    • leo hernandez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012

        I have this coin AE14 ID'ed as a Ptolemy VI. Anyone agree? I had another Ptolemy very much like this one. I remember one of our members spoke of the "fishhook" or words to that effect. I will appreciate any help.. God Bless.. Jerry..PS: I would think the config is the result of a "cold pour".. what do you think?
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/36568398@N00/6616414893/in/photostream

      • Jerry Jones
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
          Hi Leo!  I see where you posted but I don't have  copy to read.. did you mean to comment my friend.. Thanks for looking.. God Bless.. Jerry..

          - Jerry Jones
          My Coin Store: http://www.AncientCoinStore.com
          My Blog: http://AncientPeddler.Blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
            Jerry, my question is re; the post;

            I have this coin AE14 ID'ed as a Ptolemy VI. Anyone agree? I had another Ptolemy very much like this one. I remember one of our members spoke of the "fishhook" or words to that effect. I will appreciate any help.. God Bless.. Jerry..PS: I would think the config is the result of a "cold pour".. what do you think?
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/36568398@N00/6616414893/in/photostream

            Why the "fishhook" ?

            Thanks,
            Leo G. Hernandez
            602-359-9628

            “If people are good only because they fear punishment,
            and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.”

            Albert Einstein

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
              Hi Leo!  I think the strike was eithe short of metal or that the metal was a bit stiff when poured.. both are obviously guesses on my part Leo..  Thanks and God Bless.. Jerry..

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 12, 2012
                  Gotcha Leo!  Hope you are having a great day my friend.. God Bless.. Jerry..