Coins started on ebay

  • Jack Sutton
    Message 1 of 71 , Sep 1, 2009
      Ello all,
                  Good evening all.  We have a nice selection of Romans and Greeks with a couple more recent coins tossed in for diversity.
                  For the Greek coins, we have two coins from Macedon, struck during or just before the Romans took over.  In addition we have a much earlier coin from Mesembria.
                  For the Romans we have a nice selection of Late Roman Bronzes including Gallinius, Claudias Gothicus, Probus, Constantine the Great and several commemorative and post death types.
                  To win any one of the coins listed below, go to my Ebay page via the link below.  Remember, everything starts at a penny.

      http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=coinlord2008

      Greek era coins:
      Macedon, Pella Pan right/Athena Alkedemos 196-168 BC

      Mesembria, Corith helmet / lgd around wheel 400-350 BC

      Macedon Antigonus Gonatus Athena /Pan 277-239 BC AE 18

      Roman:
      Maximian AE Follis Thessalonica GENIO POPVLI ROMANI

      Probus AE ant. Serdica 276-282 RESTITVT ORBIS RIC V 851

      Constantine I AE4(post death)Heraclea VN-MR veiled Cons

      Constantinople comm CONSTANTINPOLIS(Heraclea)RIC VII144

      Diocletian AE radiate Heraclea 295-296 CONCORDIA MILITV

      Claudius II Gothicus Rome DIVO CLAVDIO CONSECRATIO

      Gallienus AE ant Rome PIETAS AVG Pietas standing left

      Constantine I AE4(post death)Manus Dei(hand of God)Cons

      Constantine I AE3 Constantinople GLORIA EXERCITVS

      Medieval:
      Alexei I Russia silver wire money 1645 - 1676

      World coins:
      None this week

      United States:
      1908 Denver Barber Half

      And now for the usual ending…
                  If you receive this email more than one time, my apologies.
                  If none of these coins interest you, please send this email on to those people/email lists you think might be interested.
                  And finally that misquoted political quote:  Bid Early, Bid High, and Bid Often!

      Thanks
      Jack Jr.

    • Jack Sutton
      Message 71 of 71 , May 21, 2010
        Ello all,

                    Good evening all.  Ending in 44 hours or so are a wide range of bronze Roman coins. Though most are late roman bronzes, there are still a few provincials mixed in.
                    As of this point, there are many coins without bids, several more still at a penny and the others still have room to grow.  Dealers, time to get a deal.  Collectors, time to get that coin at a good price.  Snipers, time to set your marks.
                    Note:  this week is an experiment.  I have often heard it said that camera shots will increase sales, and so contracted for the photos in this week’s auctions.  Were they right?  Should I stick to photos in the future?  This week, your advice and your bids requested.
                    To win any one of the coins listed below, go to my Ebay page via the link below.  Remember, everything starts at a penny.

        http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=coinlord2008

        Roman or Roman era:
        Geta AE26 Nikopolis Legate Flavius Ulpianus, Zues

        Constans AE3 GLORIA EXERCITVS 337-341

        Valentinian AE3 RESTITVTOR REIP 364-375

        Claudius II Gothicus Rome FIDES EXERCI 268-270

        Gallienus ant Rome, FIDES MILITVM 253-268

        Geta AE19 from Pautalia with Tyche, 198-209

        Constantius II, AE3 Antioch FEL TEMP REPARATIO

        Caracalla AE28 from Anchialus, city gate with 2 towers

        Constantine I, AE3 CONSTANTINOPOLIS

        Valens, AE3 Sisca, GLORIA ROMANORVM

        Caracalla AE30 from Augusta Traina 198-217

        Caracalla AE28 from Pautalia Legate Flavius Ulpianus

        Lucinius I AE3 SOLI INVICTO COMITI 312-315

        Constans, AE3 Thessalonica FEL TEMP REPARATIO

        Constantine I, AE3 UBS ROMA wolf and twins

        Constantine I, AE3 Thessalonica GLORIA EXERCITVS

        Probus Ant SALVS AVG 276-282

        Valentinian II AE3 Sisca REPARATIO REIPVB 378-383

        Constans AE3 Alexandria VOT XX MVLT XXX

        Valentinian AE3 Sisca, SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE

        Constantine I, AE3 Alexandria, VNMR

        Constantine I, AE3 Post Death Comm 337-346