Ebay 270622531941

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hello everyone,I have been away and not kept up with postings so if I am repeating something then you will understand why.Private feedback,why and the format of the listing reminds me of nepos,no returns either,coin looks wrong,opinions please,thnx chris
    • keith9696
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi Chris,list,

        the coin looks ok to me as a provincial coin. style looks ok. personally I think the coin is legit.

        sincerely, keith.

        --- In CoinForgeryDiscussionList@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.brierley@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,I have been away and not kept up with postings so if I am repeating something then you will understand why.Private feedback,why and the format of the listing reminds me of nepos,no returns either,coin looks wrong,opinions please,thnx chris

      • Lluís Mendieta
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2010
          Good evening, Christopher, List

          I am able only to see the item you point.
          Besides, Nepos is already in action.

          Well, my impressions

          Seller says that is the fourth only known pieces of such coin in world.
          Well, with all due respects, I found two more in acsearch, so, I doubt firmly that were only one more...
          http://www.acsearch.info/ext_image.html?id=392632
          http://www.acsearch.info/ext_image.html?id=72470 (that I have my troubles to accept as legit; why could the line of temple be so neatly broken? Maybe a pantograph acting and a mistake?

          Then, going for coin in question: I see it as a modern rendering;
          Style refered to the othe two is bad (too thick, if I could use this word), in my opinion.
          The bead near chin is curious, at least
          Lack of details of neck are also curious. Along with smallpox in this area....
          I would swear a cast using a host that not need to be a legit one.

          With best wishes

          Lluís

        • christopher.brierley@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
            Hello Lluis ,Keith and list,conflicting opinions on the coin,healthy discussion,but the way this listing has its pics is similar to nepos,who as you say is back anyway.before i went on holiday he was NLRU do you know what has happened,what is ebay playing at,cheers chris

            Hello everyone,I have been away and not kept up with postings so if I am repeating something then you will understand why.Private feedback,why and the format of the listing reminds me of nepos,no returns either,coin looks wrong,opinions please,thnx chris

          • Dan K
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
              Chris, the seller Moneta-Hermes is David Suter (Julius -Nepos).

              Dan

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
                Hi Dan and thnx for info,I was correct re format of his listing.Monetata is on blacklist but not Moneta-Hermes,Julius Nepos is of course there,thnx chris

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Hi, Christopher, List

                  I really do not know.
                  I thought that if anyone is NARU, then you could not return.
                  But seems that I was wrong...

                  With best wishes

                  Lluís

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
                    hello Lluis and list,i thought so till now,maybe someone will tell us why nepos is back,disgusting and depressing really,plus he has 2 identities on ebay,cheers chris

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
                      Hi, Christopher, List

                      Well, Eftis was condemned by shill bid as appeared in newspapers and was placed in several yahoo groups.
                      Now he is back to eBay, but I think with another identity.

                      To NARU someone is relatively efective because if only the nick in eBay is NARU, punished one could reapear with a new identity. But at least, resets feedback at zero and some newbies could spare some money noy been caught.
                      But if eBay Naru someone and then let he return with same nick, well, something does not runs well, it my humble opinion.

                      Although I prefer to know the fake sellers and his identities, just to avoid them.

                      I still smile when I remember a eBay member that had the nick "ibidonlyfakes" (or something very similar).
                      To see his bid in a listing is a good reason not to bid.
                      I suppose that the eBay gnomes naru'd him...

                      With best wishes

                      Lluís

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 3, 2010
                        Hello Lluis and list,as I have often found out,ebay is a minefield especially in the antiquities/coins areas,I cannot understand why ebay let these crooks trade,they appear to be aiding and abetting cromes,well thats how i view it,cheers chris

                        Well , what Eftis condemned by shill bid as appeared in newspapers and was placed in several yahoo groups .
                        Now he is back to eBay , but I think with another identity.

                        To Naru someone is relatively efective if only because the nick in eBay is Naru , punished one could reapear with a new identity. But at least, resets feedback at zero and some newbies could save some money noy been caught.
                        But if eBay Naru someone and then let he return with same nick, well, something does not runs well, it my humble opinion.

                        Although I prefer to know the sellers and his fake identities, just to avoid them.

                        I still smile when I remember a eBay member that had the nick " ibidonlyfakes " (or something very similar).
                        To see his bid in a listing is a good reason not to bid.
                        I suppose that the gnomes eBay naru'd him ...

                        With best wishes

                        Lluís

                        Lluis and hello list, i thought so till now , maybe someone will tell us why Nepos is back , really disgusting and depressing , plus he has two identities on ebay , cheers chris

                        From: Lluís Mendieta <lmendi@...>
                        To: CoinForgeryDiscussionList@yahoogroups.com
                        Date : Wednesday , 1 September , 2010, 21:16

                        Good evening , Christopher , List

                        I am only able to see the item you point.
                        Besides, Nepos is already in action.

                        Well , my impressions

                        Sellers says that is only the fourth such known pieces of coin in world .
                        Well , with all due respects, I found two more in acsearch , so I doubt firmly that were only one more ...
                        http://www.acsearch.info/ext_image.html?id=392632
                        http://www.acsearch.info/ext_image.html?id=72470 (That I have my troubles to accept as legit , why could the line be broken temple of Sun neatly ? Maybe a pantograph acting and a mistake?

                        Then, going for coin in question: I see it as a modern rendering;
                        Style Referred to the othe two is bad (too thick, if I could use this word ), in my opinion.
                        The bead near chin is curious , at least
                        Lack of details are so curious of neck . Along with smallpox in this area ....
                        I would swear a cast using a host did not need to be a legit one.

                        With best wishes

                        Lluís

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 3, 2010
                          Well, it also wonders me...

                          I am very garteful to eBay, Without it, I could rarely even see some odd coins (not expensive, just not very collected, so, little money involved. But numismatically very intresting, at least for me....).

                          But I remember the face I got when I saw an add of eBay adverting about the fake turquoises from China...side by side with offerings from a chinese guys who was selling...that :-)

                          I adverted seller, but I am not sure about he could understand english or if he was a hardened crook. Answer was if I want to another piece, he has more to be sold...

                          With best wishes

                          Lluís

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 3, 2010
                            Yes Lluis,with no ebay I would not have many lovely things I have bought,also sold many things from antiques to coins to plants and radios,cheers chris

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 3, 2010
                              Chris,

                              I would very much like to look at the Antiquities sites you mention. Can you please forward?

                              Hopefully the people I deal with are not present. Fingers crossed.

                              Kindest regards,

                              Paul.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 3, 2010
                                Hello Paul,they are I discovered later all in one or more of the blacklists. This was after I had won several fake items.One seller I reported to trading standards and he went NARU,the other was legionviii or similar,there were others,but I traced them all as well known fake sellers on lists.I do not bid on any antiquities now,my fingers are still burning,pity.Regards chris