Who is his father??

  • Jerry C
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2012
      On my family tree I have been showing the father of Jacob W Coffman born August 1831 and married to Amanda Ely. Jacob died November 28, 1906 in Manhattan Kansas.The father I am showing is a William Coffman born 1782 in Va. and died 1833 in Indiana.
      Others say Jacob's father was a Abraham Coffman. Some say that because they found that a Jacob and a Abraham lived next to each other.
      I really need help finding out who is who so I can get my tree RIGHT.
      HELP PLEASE
    • Sandra Norwood
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2012
        been trying to look up on your Jacob W Coffman born August 1831 for real proof
        but nothing as of yet..  for those who have his father as Andrew they don't have real proof either.   But with what I have I'm sticking with my William Coffman as it was on some ones bible record and I forgot to save the info that they had/  Only different was it didn't have who he married.   but had the date of his birth.   But I'll keep on looking for you, one way or another we are kin in around about way..
         God Bless
        Sandi

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2012
          Sandra;   I have a William C Coffman born to Isaac and Mary Harbour Coffman;  BD 6/29/1829 and Died 2/26/1860
          in Hopkins County Ky.  Is this your William?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012
            Sandra;  I went through all my info on the Coffmans in Hopkins Co Kentucky;  this is what I found  Abraham Coffman, BD 6/01/17630Wifes
            nane Anna;  Children Maudlin bd 1775 elizabeth bd1787, Jacob,3/17/1888, , Susan Bd 1891 aand Solomon  1892. Also have another Abraham Coffman Bd 4/20/1820, in Bourbon Co. Ky. , Also have another Abraham Coffman BD7/111802 married Nancy Keach in Putm,an Co.
            Indiana.  I also have a James Coffman BD1802, married   ann Robinson BD1801, they had a son Jacob M Coffman BD2/04/1837  All this is confusing I know, I am from the Hopkins Co. Coffmans, They migrated to Missour, Texas and Union Co. Kentucky.  Virginia Coffman Thomas