Coffman Line

  • shieldsrocks
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      Tim I believe we are kin!! On my dad's mother's side, her greatgrandparents were Alabama Caroline and Markham Coffman buried in Anitioch Cemetery in Elkmont Alabama. With Shields, Furline and Coffman family members.we might be from different grand sons of Davis Coffman!! Nice to hear from you on the web. Rex Shields
    • Don Pugh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2009
        --- In CoffmanFamilyHistory@yahoogroups.com, "shieldsrocks" <shieldsrocks@...> wrote:

        > Tim I believe we are kin!! On my dad's mother's side, her greatgrandparents were Alabama Caroline and Markham Coffman buried in Anitioch Cemetery in Elkmont Alabama. With Shields, Furline and Coffman family members.we might be from different grand sons of Davis Coffman!! Nice to hear from you on the web. Rex Shields

        The name Markham is a dead giveaway that he is a descendant of David Coffman. His wife was from the Lovell family who were married into the Markhams. If you can get a copy of "Across the River" You will find a lot of information about this family.