Newsletter---Valentine's Day

  • John Agno
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      Here is your Coach to Coach Network (C2CN) Newsletter:

      Coaching Connections

      What is Love?

      How We Communicate Love

      Have More Sex

      Sponsor Announcement

      Safety Net

      Coaching Connections

      February 6-12

      Feb. 6-12, 2005 will be the seventh annual International Coaching Week, a time to recognize the value of coaching and for clients and their coaches to acknowledge the progress and results made through the coaching process.  More information at: www.CoachingWeek.info

      To post your Coaching Week events at www.CoachingWeek.info send them to your newsletter editor by email to: info@...

      Jerri Udelson, MCC, JerriU@... is the originator of International Coaching Week.

      February 14

      A stranger you were once.
      Then, with a gentle look you took my hand.

      As our lives engaged,
      you lit my life and I held both your hands.

      Now that decades have passed,
      our souls have indeed become one.

      How fortunate we are
      that we have found the love so true
      that everyone dreams about.

      by Laura Veronica Merodio

      _______________________________

      6:30 – 8:00 pm (EST), February 14

      ICF Virtual Community – Region 1

      Topic: “Change your life with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)”

      Speaker: Carra Vaughan-Irwin

      Bridgeline: ICF members, LOG IN and then contact the e-calendar at www.coachfederation.org/calendar/event.cfm

      Guests please email icfvcprogram1@... to register and for bridgeline.

      Join Carra Vaughan-Irwin, CTI certified coach with advanced training in EFT, and learn how to release energetic imbalance and restore natural balance. EFT is a powerful and effective method that bridges the gap when words are not enough. Bring a personal issue you would like to release, and print out http://spiritcatchercoaching.com/Energy/acupuncture_meridians.html before the call.

      February 17

      11:30 - 1:00 pm Pacific;  2:30 - 4:00 pm Eastern

      ICF Virtual Community – Region 2

      Writing is a powerful tool for any coach’s marketing plan.

      Press releases, web site content, course descriptions, articles and newsletter content all enhance your unique brand. Join writer and writer’s coach Cynthia Morris for tips on how to use writing to build your coaching practice. Cynthia will guide you through three levels of writing: free-writing, to develop your ideas and voice; writing your expertise, to share your knowledge with others; and writing to persuade, to develop marketing materials such as brochures and web sites. Step up to the pen and write your way to success!

      Cynthia Morris, founder of Original Impulse, helps people bring their creative visions to reality. She has been inspiring writers for over nine years as a writing instructor and certified coach. Cynthia is the author of Create Your Writer’s Life, a book that guides writers to develop a regular and fulfilling writing practice. Cynthia leads workshops and retreats in Colorado and Europe and publishes two free e-newsletters. She has written short stories, poetry, essays, and has been a columnist for two Denver neighborhood papers. Cynthia is currently writing a historical novel set in Paris. Visit her web site at www.originalimpulse.com for more information.

      ICF members contact the ICF e-Calendar and log in for the bridge number:
      Members do not need to register.

      Non-members please RSVP  icfvcprogram2@...  in order to receive the calling information.

      What is Love?

      As Valentine's Day draws near, we wish we had a better
      way of understanding and practicing this thing called love.

      Perhaps, the most important of Divine Laws is the 'law of love.'
      Put simply, "Love is Law, Law is Love." This amounts to the same
      thing as "the gift of giving" without the hope of reward or pay,
      Yet, we tend to think of love as a feeling of intense desire and attraction
      toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion
      of sex and romance.

      I know if I can make you smile, I can make you happy.  If I can make you
      frown, I can make you sad.  Emotion, in this sense, goes outside-in.

      If we think about emotion in this way--as outside-in, not inside-out--it
      is possible to understand how some people can have an enormous
      amount of influence over others.  Some of us are very good at
      expressing emotions and feelings, which means that those people
      are far more emotionally contagious than the rest of us.

      Loving contact can improve health according to researchers
      at the University of North Carolina who completed a study
      focusing on the physiological effects of physical contact.

      Married or long-term partner volunteers held hands while
      watching a pleasant ten-minute video followed by a twenty-
      second hug.  A control group rested calmly without partners.
      Both groups were then asked to discuss something stressful
      that had recently caused them to be upset or angry.

      People in the control group experienced twice the rise in
      blood pressure and an increase of heart rate by ten beats
      per minute compared to the "huggers."

      Have you ever had a 3 year-old run up to you and give you
      a hug?  If so, you know that children offer us a priceless gift
      --a reminder that loving and being loved matter more than
      anything.

      Mother Teresa once said, 'Joy is a net of love by which you
      catch souls.'  When we think about what made us happy as
      a child, we weave the net of love. We remember how easy
      it was to find joy in every day--riding a bike fast down a hill
      or jumping into a pile of leaves.

      Whatever things bring you that kind of joy today, seek out
      those experiences.
      Invite a friend to share the joy and enjoy
      the connection that the smiles and laughter bring to fill your
      heart with happiness.

      For What is Love?, go to: www.WhatisLove.info
      To Test for Love, go to: www.TestforLove.com

      How We Communicate Love

      Why is it that so few couples seem to have found the secret to keeping love alive after the wedding? The problem is that what has been overlooked is one fundamental truth: People speak different love languages.

      Your emotional love language and the language of your partner may be as different as Chinese from English. Being sincere is not enough.

      Seldom do partners have the same primary love language. We must be willing to learn our partner’s primary love language if we are to be effective communicators of love.

      There are basically five emotional love languages. Here are the five ways that people speak and understand emotional love:

      Words of Affirmation:
      Verbal compliments, or words of appreciation, are powerful communicators of love. They are best expressed in simple, straightforward statements of affirmation.

      Quality Time:
      Looking at each other and talking, giving your undivided attention. That twenty or more minutes of time will never be had again: we are giving our lives to each other. It is a powerful communicator of love.

      Receiving Gifts:
      A gift is something you can hold in your hand and say “Look, he was thinking of me,” or “She remembered me”. The gift is a symbol of thought and the thought remains not only in the mind but is expressed in actually securing the gift and giving it as an expression of love.

      Acts of Service:
      Doing things you know your spouse would like you to do. You seek to please her by serving her, to express your love for her by doing things for her. These acts require thought, planning, time, effort, and energy.

      Physical Touch:
      For some individuals, physical touch is their primary love language. Without it, they feel unloved. With it, their emotional tank is filled, and they feel secure in the love of their spouse. The touch of love may take many forms. Don’t make the mistake that the touch that brings pleasure to you will also bring pleasure to her.

      When we choose active expressions of love in the primary love language of our spouse, we create an emotional climate where we can deal with our conflicts and failures.

      What if the love language of your spouse is something that doesn’t come naturally to you? When an action doesn’t come naturally, it is a greater expression of love.

      ---Source: The Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman

      For self-help books click on: love , success , self-coaching , leadership , what should I do with my life

      Have More Sex

      Need an excuse to skip that performance evaluation with your boss and take a long lunch?  Two economists say that regular sex brings people as much happiness as a $50,000-a-year raise--so no need to kiss up to your boss if kissing your partner is more fun. David Blanchflower of Dartmouth College and Andrew Oswald of Warwick University set out to track people's lifestyles and happiness in a series of research papers, and when it comes to the importance of sex, their conclusion couldn't be more plain: "The more sex," they write, "the happier the person."

      The real surprise here might not be how much we enjoy sex but why we need a couple of economists to tell us so. The pleasure we get from sexual contact is hard-wired, like nature's incentive plan to keep us propagating the species. But there are more benefits to safe, consensual sex than just fulfilling an evolutionary requirement. As more and more researchers are finding, it can be awfully good for your physical and mental health as well.

      Studies show that sex may reduce prostate and breast cancer risk, boost immunity, relieve stress, and burn 180 calories for a half hour, making it a pretty good workout.  It shoots mood-boosting hormones through the system, builds intimacy between partners, and generally just feels pretty darn good.

      Source: U.S. News and World Report, Dec. 27, 2004

      Sponsor Announcement

      2 For 1 Valentine Special!  Free membership for your loved one when you join Leadership University before February 14.

      Developmental Coaching…Resilience…HealthCare Leadership…Integral Humanities…
      Business  Development…

      Just a few of the programs of study available to you at Leadership University.  Launched 1 year ago by Master Business Coach Mike Jay, Leadership University is a virtual school of global lifelong learning--a community where learners teach and teachers learn--together.

      LeadU takes an integrated approach to support your personal growth in health and well-being, while at the same time preparing you for an uncertain future and a turbulent shift to the next economy.  AND, we do that in community. People from around the world are joining Leadership University because we're focused not only on the greater good, but also on helping people have successful lives by creating opportunities for growth in health and well-being, making money, developing community, as well as personal development.

      When you join this leading edge global community by purchasing our Leadership Development System, you create your unique path of personal and professional development, choosing from classes in a variety of disciplines.  For a one-time fee you get LIFETIME access to ALL undergraduate courses currently being offered and that will be developed and offered in the future.

      The fee for enrollment is $1,997 and until February 14, 2005, you get two memberships for the price of one. What better gift could there be for the professional in your life?

      This is the perfect gift for your spouse, partner, colleague or client who is passionate about life-long learning and looking for opportunities for professional and personal development.  Don't wait, join today and get an invitation to invite a friend or loved one for free!

      Use this link to join now.
      www.LeadershipUniversity.com

      Safety Net
      You are my safety net.