CoCo3FPGA

  • Gary_L_Becker
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2008
      Now that the CoCo3FPGA is nearing completion, this Yahoo group will be
      used to distribute the code and document bugs / fixes.
    • johny_2k
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2008
        --- In CoCo3FPGA@yahoogroups.com, "Gary_L_Becker" <gary_l_becker@...>
        wrote:

        > Now that the CoCo3FPGA is nearing completion, this Yahoo group will be
        > used to distribute the code and document bugs / fixes.

        Hi Gary,
        I am following your project since the beginning.
        I am a former Coco user, and now collector, and am looking forward to
        try your Coco3Fpga.

        keep doing the good work,
        thanks.
        Roni
      • snhirsch5
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
          wrote:

          > Now that the CoCo3FPGA is nearing completion, this Yahoo group will be
          > used to distribute the code and document bugs / fixes.

          Gary,

          How can I tell if a Spartan 3 board has the 1000 gate updgrade? I
          picked one up at a ham flea market, with power supply and JTAG cable.

          It says "Spartan-3 Starter Board Rev. E", but beyond that I do not
          have details.

          Steve
        • Gary_L_Becker
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
            If you look at the Xilinx chip (the biggest chip on the board), it
            will say

            XILINX
            SPARTAN
            XC3S1000

            If the third line says XC3S200, then it is the standard chip. I
            believe at one time, Diilent had a XC3S400 option also. I doubt the
            XC3S200 will hold the logic for the CoCo3FPGA; since I filled one up
            with my AppleFPGA project and that project fills up less than half
            the logic of the CoCo3FPGA. The XC3S400 might work, I have never
            tried.

            Gary

            --- In CoCo3FPGA@yahoogroups.com, "snhirsch5" <snhirsch@...> wrote:

            > --- In CoCo3FPGA@yahoogroups.com, "Gary_L_Becker" <gary_l_becker@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Now that the CoCo3FPGA is nearing completion, this Yahoo group
            will be
            > > used to distribute the code and document bugs / fixes.
            > >

            > Gary,
            >
            > How can I tell if a Spartan 3 board has the 1000 gate updgrade? I
            > picked one up at a ham flea market, with power supply and JTAG
            cable.

            > It says "Spartan-3 Starter Board Rev. E", but beyond that I do not
            > have details.
            >
            > Steve

          • Steven Hirsch
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
              On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Gary_L_Becker wrote:

              > If you look at the Xilinx chip (the biggest chip on the board), it
              > will say
              >
              > XILINX
              > SPARTAN
              > XC3S1000
              >
              > If the third line says XC3S200, then it is the standard chip. I
              > believe at one time, Diilent had a XC3S400 option also. I doubt the
              > XC3S200 will hold the logic for the CoCo3FPGA; since I filled one up
              > with my AppleFPGA project and that project fills up less than half
              > the logic of the CoCo3FPGA. The XC3S400 might work, I have never
              > tried.

              Blast. This board has the XC3S200 chip. Are you the person whose posted
              to comp.sys.apple2 about the FPGA Apple 2? If so, is the logic source for
              that available? If that will fit, I want to try it.

              Steve

              --
            • Gary_L_Becker
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
                I am not the one that posed to that newsgroup, but I have completed
                the hardware / software part of my version 1.5 of my AppleFPGA. I am
                still working on the documentation. It should be finished sometime
                this week. This system should still fit into the XC3S200. If not,
                verion 1.0 will fit. Go to the AppleFPGA group at Yahoo.

                Gary