Re: [CngVehicles] CNG leak in Contour

  • Ed Garcia
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2007
      I have the same problem with my 97 Contour. I traced the leak (with soapy water) to the regulator as well. I inquired about a rebuild kit but did not have any luck from the manufacturer. When I removed the regulator to attempt to fix it myself, what I found is that a rebuild kit would not have helped. The leak was not the diaphram but on the steel threads that seal the casing together. I unscrewed the casing and used teflon tape to re-seal the threads. Be very careful when taking apart the regulator since the diaphram is held in place with springs that will pop out as you take the casing apart.

      Cost of the repair, $1.49 (yellow gas Teflon tape) + 2 hours (remove and replace regulator) + 30 minutes (open regulator, put on Teflon tape, align springs, close regulator)