Movie question

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
      I just saw Mr & Mrs Smith a few days ago. (Yeah, I know...I don't get
      out much.) There is a scene near the beginning where the Angelina
      Jolie character is rock climbing. Has anyone seen the movie and
      recognize the location where she is climbing?
    • Paul Baptiste Baca
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
        --- In ClimbNM@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <brassrat88@...> wrote:

        > I just saw Mr & Mrs Smith a few days ago. (Yeah, I know...I don't get
        > out much.) There is a scene near the beginning where the Angelina
        > Jolie character is rock climbing. Has anyone seen the movie and
        > recognize the location where she is climbing?

        Actually, Ms. Jolie was filmed on a rock-climbing wall with blue
        screen. Digital Dimension (using Autodesk 3ds Max animation software)
        then built a wire frame version of the cliff and expanded the scene to
        include a canyon.

        I know that's not the answer you wanted...you want the location of the
        "real" canyon, but you are not going to find the spot she climbed
        since it exists only in the movies.
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
          OK, Paul, thanks for the info. I guess it *did* look a little too
          picture postcard perfect....

          --- In ClimbNM@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Baptiste Baca" <hirvimaki@...>