Re: Beginner

  • George
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2006
      If you're looking for interaction with other beginner climbers, your best bet in the Sandias is
      probably Lower La Cueva canyon, near the lower La Luz trailhead. Various other easy/
      beginner climbs are located high in the Sandias, but the approaches are 30-45 minutes and
      there is no guarantee you'll find anyone (in the Sandias, I'd say most of my climbing days I
      didn't see another climbing party ).

      Other relatively nearby areas have many short, easy climbs and beginners, like the Waterfall
      wall at Socorro Box Canyon, Gallows Edge at White Rock, and Cattle Call Wall at Las Conchas.

      Hope this helps.

      --- In ClimbNM@yahoogroups.com, "jumassey" <jumassey@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know a beginners' site in the Sandias where I could
      > practice and interact with other beginners or climb easy rocks? I
      > live in Rio Rancho, so my closest access is near Placitas.

    • jumassey
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
        Thanks, George!