Re: [ClimbNM] New to ClimbNM

  • Socorro Bouldering
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hello Cara,

      --- cara gilbert <cgilbert311@...> wrote:

      > i have done most of my climbing in socorro, but i
      > would love to check out some other areas. i'm not at

      There is a fairly active climbing club in Socorro,
      affiliated with NMT:
      http://www.nmt.edu/~climbing

      You can join their mailing list at:
      http://lyris.nmt.edu/read/?forum=climbing

      Due to the heat/bugs, the Socorro local bouldering
      crew has been eschewing Box and going to higher
      elevations (Monster Island, Ponderosa, and road trips
      to Joe's, Mount Evans, etc.) lately, but Box season is
      starting up (and Hueco soon!). Let me know if you
      want to be added to that email list (but as Lisa and
      Dave can tell you, that list has been a little quiet
      lately (I have a good excuse, I just got back from my
      honeymoon!)).

      If you want stuff that's even more painful that
      Socorro, check out the:
      http://www.boulderingfest.com/

      If you've been bouldering in Socorro, you prolly
      already know about my crappy guide (which seriously
      needs updating, I'm sorry everyone):
      http://infohost.nmt.edu/~bob/boulder_guide/socorro_boulder_guide.html

      If you are South of Socorro, you may want to check
      this board (they mean "forum" when they say "blog"):
      http://boulderingpads.com/forum/

      Hope that helps,
      Bob.

      http://mail.yahoo.com