Fw: [Save Wildlife] List of 94 Species of Birds in U.S. Threatened With Extermination

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2004
      --------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "pixiepie2003" <pixiepie2003@...>
      To: SaveWildlife@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 02:12:07 -0000
      Subject: [Save Wildlife] List of 94 Species of Birds in U.S. Threatened
      With Extermination

      Below is the list of birds that would lose protection under the
      Migratory Bird Treat Act should H.R. 4114 be approved by the
      U.S. House of Representatives this week:

      |Wood Lark |Lullula arborea |
      |Rock Pigeon |Columba livia |
      |Zebra Dove |Geopelia striata |
      |Spotted Dove |Streptopelia chinensis|
      |Eurasian Collared-Dove |Streptopelia decaocto |
      |Ringed Turtle-Dove |Streptopelia risoria |
      |Guam Swiftlet |Aerodramus bartschi |
      |Varied Tit |Parus varius |
      |White-rumped Shama |Copsychus malbaricus |
      |Yellow-billed Cardinal |Paroaria capitata |
      |Red-crested Cardinal |Paroaria coronata |
      |Saffron Finch |Sicalis flaveola |
      |Troupial |Icterus incteus |
      |Spot-breasted Oriole |Icterus pectoralis |
      |Red Siskin |Carduelis cucullata |
      |Common Canary |Serinus canaria |
      |Yellow-fronted Canary |Serinus mozambicus |
      |European Goldfinch |Carduelis carduelis |
      |Great White Pelican |Pelecanus onocroatalis|
      |Red-legged Cormorant |Phalacrocorax gaimardi|
      |Abdim's Stork |Ciconia abdimii |
      |White Stork |Ciconia ciconia |
      |Wooly-necked Stork |Ciconia episcopus |
      |Black-necked Stork |Ephippiorhynchus |
      | |asiaticus |
      |King Vulture |Sarcoramphus papa |
      |Chilean Flamingo |Phoenicopterus |
      | |chilensis |
      |Egyptian Goose |Alopochen aegyptiacus |
      |Hottentot Teal |Anas hottentota |
      |Graylag Goose |Anser anser |
      |Bar-headed Goose |Anser indicus |
      |Red-breasted Goose |Branta ruficollis |
      |Ruddy Shelduck |Tadorna feruginea |
      |Common Shelduck |Tadorna tadorna |
      Mandarin Duck |Aix galericulata |
      |Mute Swan |Cygnus olor |
      |Carrion Crow |Corvus corone |
      |Red-billed Blue-Magpie |Urocissa |
      | |erythrorhyncha |
      |Calandra Lark |Melanocorypha calandra|
      |Oriental Magpie-Robin |Copsychus saularis |
      |(=Magpie Robin) | |
      |Greater Antillean |Loxigilla violacea |
      |Bullfinch | |
      |Cuban Bullfinch |Melopyrrha nigra |
      |Cuban Grassquit |Tiaris canora |
      |Orange-breasted Bunting|Passerina leclancherii|
      |Hooded Siskin |Carduelis magellanica |
      |Philippine Duck |Anas luzonica |
      |Domestic Goose |Anser anser domesticus|
      |Swan Goose |Anser cygnoides |
      |Ringed Teal |Callonetta leucophrys |
      |Maned Duck |Chenonetta jubata |
      |Coscoroba Swan |Coscoroba coscoroba |
      |Black Swan |Cygnus atratus |
      |White-faced |Dendrocygna viduata |
      |Whistling-Duck | |
      |Orinoco Goose |Neochen jubata |
      |Rosy-billed Pochard |Netta peposaca |
      |Red-crested Pochard |Netta rufina |
      |Great Black-Hawk |Buetogallus urubitinga|
      |Black Crowned-Crane |Balearica pavonia |
      Gray Crowned-Crane |Balearica regulorum |
      |Sarus Crane |Grus antigone |
      |Gray-necked Wood-Rail |Aramides cajanea |
      |Purple Swamphen |Porphyrio porphyrio |
      |Southern Lapwing |Vanellus chilensis |
      |Nicobar Pigeon |Caloenas nicobarica |
      |Emerald Dove |Chalcophaps indica |
      |Common Wood-Pigeon |Columba palumbus |
      |Luzon Bleeding-heart |Gallicolumba luzonica |
      |Diamond Dove |Geopelia cuneata |
      |Bar-shouldered Dove |Geopelia humeralis |
      |Crested Pigeon |Geophaps lophotes |
      |Spinifex Pigeon |Geophaps plumifera |
      |Partridge Pigeon |Geophaps smithii |
      Wonga Pigeon |Leucosarcia |
      | |melanoleuca |
      |Common Bronzewing |Phaps chalcoptera |
      |Blue-headed Quail-Dove |Starnoenas |
      | |cyanocephala |
      |Island Turtle-Dove |Streptopelia |
      | |bitorquata |
      |Spectacled Owl |Pulsatrix |
      | |perspicillata |
      |Edible-nest Swiftlet |Collocalia inexpectata|
      |Black-throated Mango |Anthracothorax |
      | |nigrocollis |
      |Azure Jay |Cyanocorax caeruleus |
      |Japanese Skylark |Alauda japonica |
      |Mongolian Lark |Melanocorypha |
      | |mongolica |
      |Japanese Robin |Erithacus akahige |
      |Ryukyu Robin |Erithacus komadori |
      |European Robin |Erithacus rubecula |
      |White-throated Dipper |Cinclus cinclus |
      |Red-hooded Tanager |Piranga rubriceps |
      |Blue-gray Tanager |Thraupis episcopus |
      |Yellow Cardinal |Gubernatrix cristata |
      |Red-cowled Cardinal |Paroaria dominicana |
      |Red-capped Cardinal |Paroaria gularis |
      |Montezuma Oropendola |Gymnostinops montezuma|
      Red-breasted Blackbird |Leistes militaris |--
      |Eurasian Linnet |Carduelis cannabina |
      |Yellow-rumped Seedeater|Serinus leucopygius |

      Please remember: Other countries have agreed to offer the
      same protection to our native birds when they are migrating and
      cross over into international territory. It has been a longstanding
      act of goodwill between nations. I am sure you have seen the
      movie, "Winged Migration."

      PLEASE CALL YOUR U.S. REPRESENTATIVE (NOT YOUR
      STATE REP PLEASE) AND MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD THIS
      WEEK. THE BIRDS SHOULDN'T BE MADE TO SUFFER FOR
      HUMAN ENCROACHMENT AND POLLUTION, YET THAT IS
      EXACTLY WHAT REP. WAYNE GILCHREST IS AIMING TO DO
      WITH THIS BILL. EDUCATE YOURSELF BY GOING TO THE U.S.
      HUMANE SOCIETY WEB SITE AND THE FUND FOR ANIMALS
      WEB SITE.

      All U.S. Representatives can be reached through the Capitol
      switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

      Thank you.

      Please go to your
      membership settings to choose how you want to make this a enjoyable club
      for
      you. You can recieve no email, special notices only, a digest of all the
      day's posts in one email, or every post individually.

      Warning:

      If you chose Unsubscribe,you will be deleted out of the group. If you
      just don't want any e-mails,just choose No E-mail.

      To unsubscribe from this group :( send an email to:

      Yahoo! Groups Links