Re: The 10-50 Solution: A Decade-by-Decade Approach to Climate Change

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      My comments follow, on the "Remarks" by Eileen Claussen, President, Pew
      Center on Global Climate Change, EnvironDesign8 Conference, April 22,
      2004 in Minneapolis.

      I was disappointed in the absence of discussion on the urgency to begin
      CONSERVATION of fuel NOW. People need to be encouraged to make choices
      now to start reducing fuel use and greenhouse gas emissions NOW.

      Decisions to cut travel (business and personal vacations) should be made
      NOW. Government travel should be cut NOW.

      Decision on where people choose to live are being made now. Choices on
      where to live should be made NOW with an understanding about fuel
      emissions adding to rapid global warming, pollution and health effects,
      and sharp increases in prices due to limited fuel availability in the
      future.

      Government agencies are being irresponsible in NOT informing the public
      NOW on the severe damages from the excessive use of fuel, and on the
      declining global fuel supplies.

      Government agencies are being irresponsible in NOT alerting the public
      NOW to make preparations for heat-humidity episodes (like Europe -
      August, 2003 or worse) that may include energy blackouts and no air
      conditioning during peak heat-humidity period.

      The complete remarks by Eileen Claussen were posted earlier today on
      fuelcell-energy, and forwarded to ClimateArchive.

      Pat N

      THE WORLD IS IN CRISIS DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING!