Re: Request for comments - managing ClimateArchive list

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2004
      From: [Global Warming] yahoo group:
      On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:58 hombredelatierra writes:
      > Hi Pat,
      > This looks promising. But to reach the public you need
      > researchers and writers to wade through the data and
      > translate to English (and other vernaculars). You also
      > need media outlets. You need community contacts
      > and networkers to recruit neighbors like the neo-cons
      > used to catapult themselves to victory (Lisa McGirr:
      > Suburban Warriors, the rise of the new Amercian Right,
      > Chicago U. Press). In the present context where do you
      > recruit the researchers and writers, the media, the
      > community contacts, the foot soldiers? One suggestion
      > might be to get someone to recruit writers and
      > researchers from university, college and high school
      > enviro groups as young blood is sorely needed.
      > Ecologically,
      > Frank

      Hi Frank,

      I think you made some very good suggestions. Regarding your point that I
      need media outlets, I had a national press release issued 30 Oct 2003
      which may have reached some international readers. I haven't tried to
      recruit my own foot soldiers. I rely on other groups for that:
      Environmental Defense (see forwarded message below), and the Union of
      Concerned Scientists (2nd forwarded message below).

      Pat N.

      From: "Dave Steffenson" <dsteffe@...>
      To: "Sent or Forwarded from Dave Steffenson" <dsteffe@...>
      Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:43:48 -0500
      Subject: [POC] FW: Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region

      This is a very useful web site. I'd suggest bookmarking it for further
      reference to use or pass on to people who want up -to-date scientific
      information on the impact of climate change and global warming on our

      Dave Steffenson, Education Coordinator
      WI Interfaith Climate and Energy Campaign