Minnesota Key in Global Warming Fight!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2004
      See forwarded message below for "Minnesota Key".

      It is important for people in the Twin Cities and all of Minnesota to be
      educated on this issue in order to act in the best interest of Minnesota
      and the world. There are many places that people can find off the web
      that provide information on global warming. Some places are better than
      others and some are conveying fraudulent information.
      I think the Environmental Defence can be trusted to provided accurate
      information.
      If you would like up to date information on the science of global warming
      from me you are welcome to send me a message at my personal email
      address:
      npat1@... - I will try to help in providing what I have.

      Most of the information I have is at:

      The homepage for the discussion group at P&C has a graph showing Annual
      Global Land Air Temperatures (GLT) from 1880 through 2003, and a trend
      line based on 10 year (GLT) moving averages.

      Pat Neuman, npat1@...
      Chanhassen, MN

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
        I replied on a similar global warming issue request (by UCS or ED) in
        June of 2003, as I show in the forwarded excerpts from a message that I
        sent to Senator Coleman. If other people would try now, that might help
        this time around. I know that my background information for briefing
        the Senate was received in June 2003 in time because I received a letter
        in reply from Senator Coleman afterwards, in 2003.

        Pat Neuman
        Chanhassen

        --------- Forwarded message ---------- excerpts
        From: npat1@...
        To: ...@...
        Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:05:26 -0500
        Subject: Background information for briefing of Senate staff on Mon 9
        June 2003
        SR 252 at 10:00 AM

        For use by Senator Norm Coleman June 5, 2003
        My name is Patrick J. Neuman
        My address is 740 Chippewa Circle, Chanhassen, MN 55317
        I am representing myself as a private citizen in this request.

        Item 1. This contains my request: Authors of the report on:
        "Confronting Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region" will be in
        Washington D.C. to inform policy makers of the report's key findings.
        The authors include scientists from the Midwest and Canadian
        universities. I request that Senator Norm Coleman take advantage of the
        author's presence, and meet with them at the meeting (sponsored by the
        Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS)) and/or meet personally with UCS
        staff.

        Item 2. The following information is provided for background ...

        Sincerely,

        Pat Neuman

        Item 2
        "Confronting Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region:
        Impacts on our Communities and Ecosystems".
        Citation: Kling,G.W., ...
        Excerpts from the Report: "What is the likely climate future for the
        Great Lakes region?"
        "In general, the climate of the Great Lakes region will grow warmer and
        probably drier during the twenty-first century. Climate models predict
        that by the end of the century, temperatures in the region will warm by 5
        to 12�F (3 to 7�C) in winter, and 5 to 20�F (3 to 11 �F) in summer.
        Nighttime temperatures are likely to warm more than daytime temperatures,
        and extreme heat will be more common." ... " In addition, the frequency
        of 24-hour and multiday downpours, and thus flooding, may continue to
        increase." http://www.ucsusa.org/greatlakes
        Additional Information related to Exhibit B. The authors met with the
        public in Madison, Wisconsin in April, 2003. People were encouraged to
        act now in support of the findings in the April, 2003 report. One of the
        authors is Dr. John J. Magnuson, Emeritus Professor of Zoology and past
        Director of the Center for Limnology at the University of
        Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Magnuson authored more than 350 publications and
        five books, with research in long-term fisheries ecology, biodiversity,
        species invasions, and the effects of climate change and variability on
        inland waters. Dr. Magnuson earned his Ph.D from University of British
        Columbia, Canada, in zoology with a minor in oceanography.
        Patrick J. Neuman

        From: P. Neuman self only <npat1@...>
        To: tcmetro@...
        Cc: ClimateArchive@yahoogroups.com,