Fwd: FW: Public comment needed. Three days left.

  • pat neuman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2008

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Pat Neuman <npat1@...>
      Date: Nov 26, 2008 2:38 PM
      Subject: FW: Public comment needed. Three days left.
      To: npatnew@...

      Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:27:32 -0500
      To: npat1@...
      From: info@...

      Repower America

      Dear Pat,

      In less than 24 hours, we have already sent more than 65,000 messages to the EPA calling for regulation of carbon dioxide pollution. With your help we can get 100,000 letters to the EPA before the Friday deadline, and send the clear message that we want our climate protected.

      There are only two days left before the EPA closes the public comment period. Will you take a minute, and add your name?

      http://www.RepowerAmerica.org/EPA

      Thanks,

      Cathy

      --------------------

      Tell the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide pollution.

      Take Action!

      Dear We Campaign Member,

      Friday is the last day to voice your opinion on whether the EPA -- the Environmental Protection Agency -- should regulate carbon dioxide pollution, the primary cause of the climate crisis. This is a big deal.

      The EPA is taking public comment, before making a ruling.

      Of course, special interests -- like the oil and coal lobbies -- are working overtime to defeat a positive ruling and have already gotten thousands of comments submitted in opposition.

      Most people don't know about this opportunity for public comment, so your voice can make a real difference. And with a new president in the White House, it's likely that someone will actually be listening. Submit your public comment to the EPA here:

      http://www.RepowerAmerica.org/EPA

      In April 2007 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to regulate
      carbon dioxide if it is harming our health and welfare. After more than a year of delay, the EPA is finally now requesting public comments on whether carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping pollutants are endangering our health and our climate.

      Join us, and send a message about how crucial it is to reduce harmful
      carbon dioxide pollution. That you expect the EPA to use its powers to protect our health and welfare. That we can "Repower America" by using energy sources that don't emit carbon dioxide, and make the switch to 100% clean electricity. And that the solutions to the climate crisis are the same ones needed to address our economic and security challenges.

      This is our chance to go on the public record -- all the comments will be posted on the EPA's website. To post your public comment, just go here.

      For nearly eight years, the Bush administration has done nothing to address the growing threats we face from global warming. Hurricanes are getting stronger, the North polar icecap is melting, and we've suffered through intense droughts, floods and killer heat waves.

      The deadline is November 28th. Let's help end the era of delay.

      Thanks,

      Cathy Zoi
      CEO
      www.RepowerAmerica.org

      Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows Mobile®. See how.

      --
      Pat N
      http://picasaweb.google.com/npatnew