'REVOLUTIONARY' CO2 MAPS ZOOM IN ON GREENHOUSE GAS SOURCES

  • pat neuman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 4:48 PM
      A new, high-resolution interactive map of U.S. carbon dioxide
      emissions from fossil fuels has found that the emissions aren't all
      where we thought.

      "For example, we've been attributing too many emissions to the
      northeastern United States, and it's looking like the southeastern
      U.S. is a much larger source than we had estimated previously," says
      Kevin Gurney, an assistant professor of earth and atmospheric science
      at Purdue University and leader of the project.

      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/MediaAlerts/2008/2008040726521.html