Global Warming event at U of M canceled by MN Gov. Pawlenty?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008
      Global Warming event at U of M canceled by MN Gov. Pawlenty?

      Yesterday I rode a SW metro bus to the U of M to attend the scheduled
      meeting at the Kitty Kat Club in Dinkytown but I was informed when I
      got there that the speaker canceled the meeting about an hour earlier.

      Was the event canceled as a result of the recent proposed MN gasoline
      tax and the MN Governor's "State of the State" address?

      His State of the State address is at 11 AM today.

      Excerpt:

      Cafe Scientifique
      The State of Our Climate: Policy and Global Warming

      NOTICE: This event has been postponed until further notice!

      How will Minnesota lawmakers address the problems caused by fossil
      fuel use and greenhouse gas emissions? Last spring Minnesota Governor
      Tim Pawlenty asked more than 50 environmental, business, and community
      leaders to propose climate change solutions for the state. This month
      the Minnesota Climate Change Advisory Group will make its
      recommendations, which will be presented to state legislators for
      consideration. Join members of the group for a lively discussion on
      policy making and climate change.

      http://www.bellmuseum.org/index.html

      http://picasaweb.google.com/npatnew

      http://npat.newsvine.com/