Forced retirement by NOAA NWS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Post at realclimate.org

      102. pat n Says:
      26 January 2008 at 12:59 PM

      re: 83

      Scientists have already put a public face and debated the "handful of
      credentialed sceptics like Lindzen ...". For example, in 2002 Ben
      Santer (LLNL) and Dennis Hartmann (U.W. Seatte) had a debate with
      Richard Lindzen on global warming at the University of Minnesota. I
      attended the debate with a co-worker and my NWS NCRFC Hydrologist in
      Charge (HIC) supervisor. It was overwhelmingly obvious that Lindzen's
      points were not substantiated. However, my co-worker and the HIC said
      they were unconvinced that the topic of global warming warranted any
      hydrologic study or concern. Their story was already determined by
      their higher-ups at NWS and NOAA.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/npatnew/RoadBlockOnClimateChangeUnderstandingByNWSNationalWeatherService

      -----------

      Forwarded Message 2/28/00

      From: Dean Braatz, Hydrogist in Charge, NCRFC
      To Pat Neuman, Hydrologist, NCRFC

      Date: 2/28/00 11:03 AM

      Pat.... Again, let me say we have to walk lightly
      on this issue. Its beyond the scope of our operational
      mission in this office.

      Dean

      -----------

      Forwarded Message February 1, 2005

      From "Daniel Luna" <Daniel.Luna@...>
      Date Tuesday, February 1, 2005 8:48 pm
      To Pat Neuman <Pat.Neuman@...>
      Cc <Gary.Foltz@...>, <John.Halquist@...>, <Cheryl.P.Jordan@...>
      Subject Re: 2005 AOP
      Pat,
      Please come and speak with me concerning your questions, if you still
      have questions. I do not want to engage in a "long winded,
      never-ending" e-mail thread. The bottom line is you were told many
      times to stop working in this area and that still holds true and will
      continue to hold true until you are directed otherwise.
      thanks
      danl

      ----------

      Forced retirement by NOAA NWS

      ----------

      Certificate of Loyal Service awarded Feb. 14, 2006

      National Weather Service
      Central Region

      Certificate of Loyal Service
      Patrick J. Neuman

      Upon the occasion of your retirement, this Certificate is awarded in
      recognition
      of 30 years of Loyal Service rendered to the government of the United
      States

      2/14/06
      Awarded

      Signed by