Sep 30 2000 post by Mike Neuman to yahoo Climate Concern Group is show n below

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2007

      As posted earlier (forgot to put in subject title).

      Sep 30 2000 post by Mike Neuman to yahoo Climate Concern Group is shown below:

      ---  Sep 30 2000 post at Climate Concern Group ---

      Re: Senator Wellstone remarks, 10/17/97

      This looks like it might be very good, even though it is dated, so I will share with the climate concern list. But I don't have the time to read it right now so I will forward it to my work email address where I can read it, hopefully Monday. This issue is more important than any one individual's job, by a long shot, including mine.

      It's terrible the way Gore and Bush talk about energy needs without so
      much as mentioning the need to conserve energy in driving and flying (for needless excursions, especially) that burn up HUGE quantities of fuel, so that we are forced to open up strategic oil reserves and the Arctic National Wildlife Area for more oil drilling.

      I'm planning to boycott in front of the Democratic Headquarters office
      here in Madison next week with the Nader forces (I may end up being one of them) on the date of the first televised debate. It is a crime that global warming is not singled out as an issue. It should be debated by itself, not lumped in with the energy and environmental issues.

      Global warming is THE paramount issue of the coming century, and all it receives is "lip service" by the U.S. presidential candidates, IF THAT!

      forwarded by:

      Michael T. Neuman
      Author of "The Neuman Proposal"
      http://www.danenet.wicip.org/bcp/ (June 1st posting)