Fw: Re: Union of Concerned Scientists survey of climate scientists

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007

      As a federal scientist (Hydrologist) for NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS) at the North Central River Forecast Center, I did research work in hydrologic model development and calibration of models used in flood prediction for rivers in the Upper Midwest.

      I knew in that climate change was occurring in the Upper Midwest before I learned that global warming was happening (earlier snowmelt runoff in recent decades).

      I learned by my personal experience that our government intentionally ... "has been obscuring the state of our knowledge by exaggerating the level of uncertainty in global warming science".

      However, the Union of Concerned Scientists did not include me in their "surveys to more than 1,600 climate scientists working at seven federal agencies" - because I was removed from federal service by DOC NOAA NWS in July of 2005 because of my research and speaking out about climate and hydrologic change which I demonstrated was happening in the Upper Midwest in at paper and poster which I presented at the NOAA NWS Climate Prediction Center (CPC) Workshop in Reno,  Nevada.

      My paper presented at the NWS CPC workshop can be viewed at:

      http://www.mnforsustain.org/climate_snowmelt_dewpoints_minnesota_neuman.htm

      A related link to my work in hydrology, climate change, prairies and other volunteer efforts, which I became involved in after my removal by NWS, is at:

      http://picasaweb.google.com/npatnew

      Google groups:

      sci.environment, talk.environment, pa.environment, pa.politics, alt.politics

      --

      at:

      http://groups.google.com/group/talk.environment/topics