An interview with renowned climate scientist James Hansen 15 May 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2007

      Re: 179, 183

      An interview with renowned climate scientist James Hansen
      By Kate Sheppard

      A molecule of CO2 from coal, in a certain sense, is different from one from oil or gas, because in the case of oil and gas, it doesn't matter too much when you burn it, because a good fraction of it's going to stay there 500 years anyway. If we wait to use the coal until after we have the sequestration technology, then we could prevent that contribution. I don't think that has sunk in yet to policy makers, because there are many countries going right ahead and making plans to build more coal-fired power plants.

      Grist: Main Dish
      Clarion Caller

      http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2007/05/15/hansen/index.html?source=daily