Effects of global warming on spring flood outlook procedures [Feb 2000 E-mail: ]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007

      Subject: Effects of global warming on spring flood outlook procedures
      To NCRFC staff, MSP WFO staff
      Author: Pat Neuman at W-CR-MSR
      Date: 2/28/2000 09:29

      Scientists are convinced that global warming is occurring. There is a
      recent report by NOAA that global warming could be accelerating. The
      report was referenced by the presenter at the weather briefing this
      morning.

      Global warming has large implications regarding spring flood outlook
      procedures and the use of ESP. Can we get together and discuss this
      sometime?

      Perhaps there are others from NCRFC or the WFO that could take part in
      the discussion.

      Pat

      Subject: Re: Effects of global warming on spring flood outlook
      procedures

      Author: Dean Braatz at W-CR-MSR [Hydrologist in Charge, NWS NCRFC]
      Date: 2/28/00 11:03 AM

      Pat.... Again, let me say we have to walk lightly on this issue.
      Its beyond the scope of our operational mission in this office.
      Dean