Major First Amendment groups condemn government censorship of science about global warming

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2007

      NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS) staff has easy access to climate station data which could have been used to show the public that regional climate change had been happening in the U.S. for many years, even decades.

      Instead, meteorologists and hydrologists at NWS offices have told the public for years, even decades, that global warming is not a problem, that what's been happening with climate is normal, natural or just minor variability. Those who tried to show otherwise, particularly in hydrology and snowmelt runoff, were ridiculed, harassed, suspended and removed by NWS supervisors.

      It takes courage to admit one was wrong about global warming, regional climate change and hydrologic climate change. While I was at NWS, I saw nothing that resembled courage.

      http://npat1.newsvine.com/_news/2007/02/12/565164-major-first-amendment-groups-condemn-government-censorship-of-science-about-global-warming

      http://npat1.newsvine.com/