Feb 7 webcast , John Kerry questioning William Brennan, CCSP and NOAA Dep.Director

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2007

      My recent comment on realclimate.org:

      I would like to see some comments on my interpretation of what John Kerry said on Feb 7 about the latest IPCC 2007 consensus (Webcast link below, about 2:15 minutes into the program, first 10 minutes blank).

      With the already observed 0.8 Deg C global temperature rise since the beginning of the industrial revolution, there will be an additional rise up to a global increase of 1.5 Deg C based on current CO2 conditions alone, no matter what we do.

      The IPCC also agreed that the a precautionary level be a 2.0 C increase, not a 3.0 Deg C increase as previously thought - in order to insure the  safety of the planet.

      Humankind has to keep emissions below 450 ppm in order to not go over the 2.0 Deg C increase.

      Where is the plan to reduce carbon to hold us to the 450 ppm level? That level used to be 550 ppm but based on the what we see happening,the break up of the ice and so forth, it's been lowered to 450 ppm.

      Webcast:  About 2 and 15 minutes into the video is John Kerry questioning William Brennan, Acting Director US Climate Science Program and NOAA Deputy Director.

      U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce Science and Transportation
      Climate Change Research and Scientific Integrity
      Wednesday, February 7, 2007
      10:00 AM
      SR - 253
      View Archive Webcast