Senate Commerce Committee hearing - 07 Feb 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007

      Senate Commerce Committee hearing Feb. 7 on "Climate Change Research and Scientific Integrity"

      See Details at:
      www.climatesciencewatch.org/

      I was removed from federal service on July 15, 2005 for the same reason that I was given the 2004 suspension, i.e. the 30 Oct 2003 Press Release. The Press Release came out on the same day that Congress was voting on the Mclain-Lieberman bill. The delay in issuing my removal from government civil service was due to the realization and statements by lawyers for NOAA in late 2003 that my Press Release alone was not ground for my removal. That's what my supervisor told me in Jan 2004 when he handed me my 4th Proposal to Suspend memorandum, in January of 2004. He told me that NOAA Deputy Administrator Dr, James Mahoney, also the director of the U.S. Climate Science Program, was furious about my Press Release, according to high level supervisors in the NWS Central Region office in Kansas City, MO. Lawyers for NOAA told NOAA Admistrators that more would be required in order to get rid of me. Therefore, from January of 2004 until April of 2005 I was harassed on numerous occassions by my supervisor coming to my desk during operational flood forecast periods and lunch periods in order to proke me into raising my voice and seeming to be insubordinate about his directions. Eventually they (NWS) believed they had enough so they dumped me after 29 years of service.

      I consider my public service to have been of outstanding quality and I'm proud of it.

      From "About npat" at:

      Also see:
      A change in U.S. policy explains the change in attitude on global climate change

      Senate Commerce Committee hearing - 07 Feb 2007