Interview with BBC: Keeping the Administration honest on the IPCC repo rt conclusions

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007

      Interview with BBC: Keeping the Administration honest on the IPCC report conclusions

      Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007

      BBC World Service Radio interviewed us (in Washington, D.C.) and the leader of the U.S. delegation to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change meeting in Paris on the February 2 release of the IPCC Working Group I report Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis.  A transcript follows.

      See Details

      http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007

        -
        Excerpt from interview transcript posted at Climate Science Watch website regarding sea level issue, BBC World News, February 2, 2007.
        -

        ... Interview with Sharon Hays, Associate Director/Deputy Director for Science [OSTP] at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, leading the United States delegation, and Rick Piltz, Director, Climate Science Watch.

        BBC interviewer in Paris: �[Sharon Hays] told me what she learned:

        BBC:  And the sea level rise is one of the issues that is most contentious through the week.  Many people have said, many people are saying that, what you�ve agreed is effectively too conservative, it�s too low, that sea level is rising quicker than what is reflected in this report.

        Hays:  Right.  What happened with this report is that the model projections we know don�t fully take into account the melting of the ice that we are seeing.  And I think that the report dealt with this issue in a very a satisfactory way in that it reported the projections that the models have put out�and I should note that those models now have less certainty than they did in the previous report�but it deals with the fact that this ice is melting at a faster rate than we expected and is not accounted for in the models, by simply stating that.  And it states it in the report very clearly and makes it clear that the projections are a baseline, so to speak, that we expect the melting to be greater.

        http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/index.php/csw/details/bbc-ipcc-interview/

        Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007

        BBC World Service Radio interviewed us (in Washington, D.C.) and the leader of the U.S. delegation to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change meeting in Paris on the February 2 release of the IPCC Working Group I report Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis.  A transcript follows.

        See Details

        http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/

        Update - Plotted temperature averages http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patneuman2000/my_photos
        Also see: