The 10 most outrageous civil liberties violations of 2006 Comment #8.2

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006

      Comment #8.2 - Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:31 PM CST

      The Agreement in Trust (below) was prepared by mtneuman and pat neuman
      in Feb. 2000 to be signed and dated by volunteers from the general
      public at a first annual Display of Government Services at the Mall of
      America during the weekend of Feb. 4-6, 2000.

      However, I was ordered by my National Weather Service (NWS)
      supervisor, Hydrologist in Charge of NWS North Central River Forecast
      Center in Chanhassen MN, not to go to the Mall of America that
      weekend - not even as a private citizen.

      NWS supervisors told me they feared that my personal views about
      climate change and global warming might in some way be associated with
      NWS, just by my appearance at the Mall of America that weekend.

      In my contacting a NOAA personnel supervisor in the regional office in
      Kansas City, MO on Feb. 4, 2000, I was assured by the NOAA supervisor
      that NWS supervisors had the authority to prevent me from going to the
      Mall of America that weekend, representing myself as a private
      citizen, or I would be risking removal from federal civil service. As
      a result, the Agreement in Trust, which my brother and I had prepared
      and planned to make available to the general public that weekend at
      the Mall of America, was not used.

      FEB 2000 AGREEMENT IN TRUST

      AGREEMENT IN TRUST to help slow global warming and air pollution.

      I WILL MINIMIZE my personal contribution to global warming and air
      pollution.

      I WILL ENCOURAGE others to minimize their contribution to the same.

      I WILL PROTECT this agreement in trust by keeping it in a safe place.

      I WILL REMEMBER to follow this agreement, and review it often.

      GUIDELINES FOR HOW TO MINIMIZE ENERGY CONSUMPTION, GREENHOUSE GAS
      EMISSIONS, AND AIR POLLUTION

      Reduce energy dependant travel
      Reduce use of personal car and truck
      Walk and bike, rather than drive.
      Car pool to places that are too far to walk or bike.
      Take the bus rather than drive
      Drive only when necessary
      Combine shopping trips to reduce miles traveled.
      Reduce travel by air
      Plan vacations that are close to where I live
      Use more electronic communication rather than travel
      Reduce use of gasoline for play and recreation
      Minimize the amount of oil, gasoline, electricity
      Join sports teams that are close to home only
      Plan vacations that are close to where I live
      Reduce distance to work
      Talk to employer about potential office moves
      Persuade employer not to move far from people's home
      Plan to move closer to work, and then do it
      Look for a better opportunity that is closer to home
      Request to work part of the week at home or nearby library

      Reduce household energy use

      Minimize use of existing appliances, furnace, and Air Cond.
      Limit purchase of appliances, buy most efficient ones.
      Chose products produced locally, not those shipped & trucked
      Choose products that require less energy in production
      Cooperate with other members of my community in finding the
      best ways possible to lower our daily use of energy.

      Signature

      Date

      Comment #8.2 - Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:31 PM CST

      http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2006/12/30/500881-the-10-most-
      outrageous-civil-liberties-violations-of-2006