Muzzling in Jan-Feb 2000 - before G.W. Bush became President

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2006
      This shows muzzling of a government employee in Jan-Feb of 2000,
      nearly one year before G.W. Bush got into the White house. The NOAA
      NWS supervisors who did the muzzling probably voted for G.W. in Nov.
      of 2000.

      From: Patrick J. Neuman, National Weather Service, North
      Central River Forecast Center, Chanhassen, Minnesota

      Dear Dr. Baker,

      I have recently experienced complications at work as a result of my
      efforts in support of your bold statements on global warming on the
      CBS Evening News with Dan Rather.

      I made a poster on global warming, and planned to participate in the
      demonstration of government services at the Mall of America this
      weekend. On Friday, I was ordered to stop all efforts concerning
      global warming by my supervisor, Dean Braatz. I called the NWS Central
      Region personal office and spoke with Pat Jordan who advised me not to
      participate in the demo even as a private citizen. Today I discovered
      that my computer at work has been removed and sent to the regional
      office.

      Next week I oversee our initial snowmelt flood outlook, which I have
      done for the past 21 years. Although the potential for flooding in the
      Midwest this year is not great, it is still going to be a very
      difficult task without easy access to my computer and files.

      My messages of concern on global warming can be found on several
      egroup lists on the Internet, primarily on mn-politics-discuss. I have
      been considering this effort as having importance above all else.

      Will you check into this work complication for me and see if I can get
      my computer back immediately to help in preparing for this week's
      flood outlook?

      Will you see if I can get explanation on why I was allowed to prepare
      for the demo at the Mall on global warming then not even allowed to
      participate in it as a private citizen?

      This situation is creating a great deal of stress in my life. Please
      get back to me as soon as possible. I would be honored to speak with
      you about it, if you called me.

      Sincerely,
      Pat Neuman
      St. Paul MN
      phone: home 651 647 5136 work: 612 361 6664
      e-mail npat1@... work: pat.neuman@...

      http://www.desmogblog.com/climate-change-and-kyoto-deemed-no-nos-for-
      government-scientists#comment-16900