1820-2002 mean annual temperatures at Minneapolis

  • npat1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      Bob, this info may be useful.

      Pat

      1820-2002 mean annual temperatures at Minneapolis
      http://www.goldcoastwx.com/minn_climo/annmean.gif

      From: npat1 Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:04:16

      1880 was ABOVE normal at Minneapolis (1820-2002 long term average mean
      annual temp at Minneapolis = 44.5 F. Coldest years were 1842-1876. The
      coldest year was 1843, about 38 F. From Charles Fisk at:
      http://www.goldcoastwx.com/minn_climo/annmean.gif

      The 1998-2002 mean annual temp at Minneapolis and Farmington, Minnesota
      were around 47.5 F (about 3.0 F above the long term mean for
      Minneapolis).

      MSP: Minneapolis-St.Paul
      FARM: Farmington about 50 km southeast of downtown MSP.

      Table *
      INTERVAL: MSP FARM
      1820-1840 44.5
      1841-1875 43.0
      1876-1990 44.5
      1891-1917 44.5 43.1
      1918-1944 45.6 44.4
      1945-1984 45.1 44.3
      1985-1997 45.3 45.5
      1998-2002 47.5 47.4

      * My estimates based on the time series by Charles Fisk and climate
      records at Farmington.

      I selected 1898 as the starting year for my work because many station
      records began in 1898. According to the work by Fisk, annual temp at
      Minneapolis in 1898 was about 1 F above the long term (1820-2002)
      average annual temp.

      Pat

      http://www.escribe.com/science/ClimateChangeDebate/m27731.html
      Pat