'no question we are seeing global warming' (NOAA, 2000)

  • npat1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Excerpt from a post I made on Jan 19, 2000 to Minnesota Politics Discussion, public archives at:

      'I am very concerned about global warming. Dr. James Baker of the
      National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said that: "The
      world continues to get warmer. There is no question we are seeing global warming". Dr. Baker said this on the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather on January 10, 2000.

      It is well known by scientists that global warming would have drastic
      environmental and economic impacts on the entire world.

      I believe that this growing phenomenon of global warming should be a
      major concern of all government agencies in this country and the world. The causes and impacts of global warming should receive immediate attention by all political parties. Carefully prepared action plans should be developed as soon as possible by all agencies to try to slow global warming and to prepare for its onslaught.

      Although I work under (snip), I am representing only myself in this
      message and all messages which I have sent, and will send, on this topic of global warming and related issues.

      Sincerely,

      Pat Neuman
      Private citizen - St. Paul, moving to Chanhassen, MN soon.
      Public servant - (snip)
      Chanhassen, MN '

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!