Those who just give up are missing something

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2006
      Those who just give up are missing something

      Emitting fewer greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions now will result in a volume of accumulated GHGs at a given point in the future that will be less than it would have been had we not emitted fewer GHG emissions. Thus, at that point in the future, a lessor volume of accumulated GHGs in the atmosphere would mean a global climate that is not as warm as the global climate would have been had we not emitted fewer GHG emissions now. Therefore, it's best to emit fewer GHG emissions now, for the sake of those who are living at that point in the future ... the young people now, their children and maybe us. What matters most to me is the climate which young people and their children will have to deal with as they grow older. It is our moral obligation to emit fewer GHG emissions. How much fewer? ... as much as we can.

      http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2006/04/how-not-to-write-a-press-release/#comment-12099