Post at RC: Conserve, NOW!: Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Othe r Environmental Costs

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      42. re 35. Mark Shapiro wrote ... If we think AGW is a problem, we should arm ourselves with some knowledge of solutions, too.]

      I think the number of people who believe that AGW is a problem is now growing by the thousands every day in the US. Now more than ever we need to conserve energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The link below shows a proposal which has too long been ignored by everyone. It's time to give the CN concept a try, nationally. What would we have to loose or gain?

      Conserve, NOW! (CN): Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Other Environmental Costs:

      "For all practical purposes, there is today only one world suitable
      for man. Measured by nature's standards rather than by those of
      historical man, it is at present a delicately balanced, highly
      perishable world that has evolved over long geologic epochs of
      environmental change. And man, acting as if he owned this world, or at
      least had come into leasehold possession of it, has played his role as
      lessee very indifferently���" (Lyton Caldwell, 1971)

      Summary

      This paper provides the framework for offering temporary positive
      voluntary financial incentives for reducing automobile driving,
      airplane travel, and annual home energy use. While the paper is mostly
      focused on reducing energy use in the State of Wisconsin, the
      methodology could be applied nationally, or even worldwide.

      Comment by Pat Neuman � 3 Apr 2006 @ 11:04 am

      http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2006/04/incurious-george/#comment-10744