Fwd from CCD - Global Warming Trend of Mean Tropospheric Temperature Observed by Satellites

  • npat1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      --------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Mrmuir1@...
      To: Debate@... ("Debate")
      Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 06:41:35 -0500
      Subject: The Real Story of the Month

      Here is the real story of conflicting data. The second report in a
      respectable journal suggesting indeed that the satellitte calculations
      have been done incorrectly. Christy and Spencer seem to have there
      credentials on the line. If this pans out to be verified along with Soon,
      Baulinas and M&M being exposed what on Earth are you skeptics going to
      hold on to? I mean the debate in its form on this list over the last 4
      years will be over.

      George

      I have the pdf if anyone wants it.

      Global Warming Trend of Mean Tropospheric Temperature Observed by
      Satellites
      Konstantin Y. Vinnikov1* and Norman C. Grody2

      We have analyzed the global tropospheric temperature for 1978 to 2002
      with
      the use of passive microwave sounding data from the NOAA series of polar
      orbiters and the Earth Observing System Aqua satellite. To accurately
      retrieve
      the climatic trend, we combined the satellite data with an analytic model
      of
      temperature that contains three different time scales: a linear trend and
      functions
      that de���ne the seasonal and diurnal cycles. Our analysis shows a trend
      of 0.22�� to 0.26��C per 10 years, consistent with the global warming
      trend
      derived from surface meteorological stations.

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!