Re: glaciers in South America

  • npat1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      I just got back today from making a poster presentation at a workshop in
      Sparks, Nevada, cosponsored by the National Weather Service - Climate
      Prediction Center (CPC) and the Desert Research Institute (DRI).

      While at the workshop, I learned that the 2002-2003 El Nino had the
      warmest El Nino temperatures of record, that peaked far from land in open
      waters.

      Regarding the topic of glaciers, it is important to keep in mind that
      increasing humidity increases snow & ice melt rates (snowmelt physics is
      discussed in my 22 Oct 2003 paper on Earlier Seasonal Snowmelt Runoff in
      the Upper Midwest & Great Plains Regions.

      After presenting my paper at the CPC / DRI Workshop, I stopped at the
      National Monument sites at Fossil Butte (WY) and Dinosaur (CO). Very
      rewarding experiences for me.

      I think learning about past warm climates can be helpful in the future as
      global warming continues (indefinitely).

      Web addresses for access to my 23 Oct 2003 paper (with figures and tables
      of data) are at:

      Pat Neuman
      Chanhassen

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!