Government Leaders Missing in Actions in Fight Against Global Warming

  • Mike Neuman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      Government Leaders Missing in Actions in Fight Against Global Warming
      by Michael T. Neuman

      Scientists abroad and at home have been sounding the alarm, calling
      out for major action against increasingly unstoppable global
      warming "urgent". Yet, with the exception of a handful of courageous
      individuals, politicians throughout all levels of U.S. government
      continue to be missing in actions while the alarms continue to sound.
      What is going on? Aren't our Congressional leaders charged with the
      responsibility to look after our future safety and well being and
      that of our children and grandchildren rather than just their own
      short term political interests?

      President George W. Bush talked in his State of the Union speech
      about Americans needing to break their oil addiction and shift to a
      better fuel source. It was nothing more than talk. All it is is just
      another ploy by the Bush Administration to mask the real problem -
      too much fuel consumption in America. The president's plan delays
      progress in fighting global warming by adding more fuel burning
      through ethanol production, not less. The production of ethanol
      simply adds more fuel to the fire, and more greenhouse gases to the
      atmosphere. It is not a solution at all and will ultimately do more
      harm than good.

      Read more at:
      http://madison.indymedia.org/feature/display/28821/index.php