Chris Mooney: The Republican War on Science

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2006
      Excerpt:

      Chris Mooney: Scientists are pretty fired up these days, especially
      for such a normally staid bunch. In my travels speaking about the
      book, I've run into quite a number of scientists who come up to me
      and say, "What can I do about this problem?" Scientists are ready, I
      think, to mobilize to defend the knowledge they've produced and to
      teach the broader public about the crucial importance of science to
      the nation's future.

      Before any of this will happen, though, scientists have got to learn
      a lot more about politics, and about communicating to the general
      public. Otherwise they are unlikely to be effective or successful in
      defending the integrity of scientific knowledge. I discuss some
      suggestions for how scientists might go about improving their
      political effectiveness here:

      http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/01/learning_to_speak_science.php

      Fw: [fuelcell-energy]