Alaska data: annual mean air temperature station plots (1931-2005)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2006
      I recently downloaded annual temperature data for stations with
      monthly and annual temperature data in Alaska (1950-2005, some 1930-
      2005). I used Excel software to create annual temperature time plots
      for the stations that have good quality data (few missing daily
      max/mins). It's helpful to look at figure 2 of the link (below) on
      Pacific-Decadal Oscillation (PDO) as I'm evaluating the rate of
      surface warming at the Alaska stations.

      PDO has had some influence on the overall rising trend in air
      temperatures at some of the stations, but not much influence
      compared to the pronounced warming trend coincident with rising
      concentrations of GHGs in the atmosphere.

      PDO link:
      http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~mantua/REPORTS/egec_pdo.pdf

      Excerpt(above) from comment 100 by Pat N — 6 Jan 2006 @ 10:04 pm
      Naturally trendy? at: