Fw: Tell Your Senators: Support Action on Global Warming

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      ---------- Forwarded Message ----------

      Leaders from around the world are meeting right now in Montreal
      on new steps to cut the pollution that is causing global
      warming. They are beginning the crucial discussion about how the
      Kyoto Protocol will work in the next phase of its
      implementation, beyond the year 2012.

      Unfortunately, the Bush Administration is not only keeping the
      US from joining in these negotiations, it is also actively
      working to undermine talks among other nations, halting global
      progress on post-2012 plans. Instead of joining with the world
      to build a solution, the US is blocking the Montreal
      negotiations. The US needs to lead the world, not obstruct
      progress on this important issue.

      It's time for the U.S. to join the world in recognizing the
      promise of clean energy solutions. We can solve global warming
      with today's technology. We just need real leadership from our
      representatives in Washington. It is time for the Bush
      Administration to quit stonewalling and for the U.S. Senate to
      pass legislation that will place real limits on global warming
      pollution.

      WHAT TO DO
      Contact your Senators and urge them to speak out publicly to
      support positive U.S. action in Montreal and for mandatory
      action to slow, stop and reverse global warming pollution in the
      U.S. Ask them to send a message to the White House to let the
      Kyoto Protocol move forward and to stop blocking negotiations
      for global action in Kyoto's next phase after 2012.

      You can take action on this alert via the web at:
      http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/montreal/s33n8z05xwx6w?

      Visit the web address below to ask your friends to help.
      http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/montreal/forward/s33n8z05xwx6w?

      We encourage you to take action by December 31, 2005

      Tell Your Senators: Support Action on Global Warming

      INSTRUCTIONS TO RESPOND VIA THE WEB:
      If you have access to a web browser, you can take action on this
      alert by going to the following URL:

      http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/montreal/s33n8z05xwx6w?

      Your letter will be addressed and sent to:
      Your Senators

      ----THIS LETTER WILL BE SENT IN YOUR NAME----
      Dear [decision maker name automatically inserted here],

      I am writing you to urge you to take action to engage the United
      States in the important climate negotiations in Montreal. Action
      at the local, state, national and international levels is needed
      to address this, one of the single greatest challenges of our
      generation. I am outraged that the Bush Administration is
      blocking progress in international action to reduce global
      warming pollution. Please lead our country in the right
      direction:

      1. Speak out publicly to support positive U.S. action in
      Montreal. Please hold a press conference, make a Floor
      statement, and sign on to Congressional statements in
      recognition of this issue's importance.

      2. Support legislation for mandatory action to slow, stop and
      reverse global warming pollution in the U.S.

      3. Call on the White House to let the Kyoto Protocol move
      forward and to stop blocking negotiations for global action in
      Kyoto's next phase after 2012.

      The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the National
      Academy of Sciences have concluded that the continued buildup of
      global warming pollution in the atmosphere threatens the
      stability of the global climate, threatening the economy, public
      health and the environment of the United States and the world.

      I'm counting on you to protect American families by supporting
      global progress on this critical issue.

      It's time that the U.S. takes the lead.

      ----END OF LETTER TO BE SENT----

      Sincerely,
      Patrick Neuman

      If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
      National Environmental Trust at:

      http://actionnetwork.org/nationalenvirotrust/join.html?r=W7qraps1WzuhE

      http://actionnetwork.org/nationalenvirotrust/smp.tcl?nkey=s33n8z05xwx6w&

      To stop ALL email from National Environmental Trust, reply via
      email with "remove" in the subject line, or use the following
      link:

      http://actionnetwork.org/nationalenvirotrust/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=s33n8z05xwx6w&