Fw: A message from Senator John McCain

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2005
      A message from Senator John McCain

      Dear Fellow Marcher,

      Recently, a number of my Senate colleagues and I traveled to Canada and Alaska to witness the devastating impacts of global warming on the Arctic. We left even more convinced of what we already knew: global warming is real and it�s not some future phenomenon � it�s here now. The impacts are visible if we just open our eyes to them. Visit my travel log at http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/campaigns/sgw/newsroom to learn more about the consequences of global warming that are clearly visible today.

      Just as in Canada and Alaska, the impacts of global warming in other areas of the country are real and they are happening now. This week, the March is stopping in Buffalo Creek Minnesota. Read more about the impact of global warming on Buffalo Creek at http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/march/buffalocreek.

      I�m marching so that we don�t hand our children and grandchildren a world vastly different from the one that we now inhabit. The March is almost halfway through its yearlong virtual tour around the United States. Our voices are amplified by the power of over 130,000 other voices marching together!

      Visit http://www.StopGlobalWarming.org to read more about my travels and details about our current stop at Buffalo Creek.

      Thank you for the joining the March, and adding your voice to the many speaking out to raise public awareness of the urgent problem of global warming.

      Sincerely,

      Senator John McCain
      Marcher