Meteorologists, please get with it ... this is not just normal weather

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      Meteorologists continue to mislead the public on local weather and climate change.

      Daily highs in the 80s F are not normal for early October in southern Minnesota. The meteorologists have acknowledged that fact in their summaries.

      However, they follow their summaries with "back to reality" and "back to normal" comments, using their weather forecasts calling for cooler days ahead. The reality is that those "days ahead" usually turn out not as cool as they had put in their forecasts.

      The meteorologists are contributing to a "do nothing" approach about global warming by their misleading the public that we are experiencing just normal weather conditions. No, we are not experiencing just normal weather conditions. The climate is changing rapidly. We are experiencing enhanced global warming due to our heavy emissions from our fossil fuel burning, which are accumulating in the atmosphere. Meteorologists, please get with it.

      Pat N